Subject: RE: mingw32
From: [email-masked]

12 Jan 1998 18:53:30 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

getopt is not supported under the POSIX standard and has been deprecated on many 
(most? certainly IRIX and DECUnix) Unix platforms. Therefore it isn't support 
under cygwin32. It has been replaced by getopts. The functionality is the same 
though getopts is somewhat easier to use.

Alan
===============================================================================
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 00:26:24 -0800
From: Narayan Natarajan <[email-masked]>
Subject: mingw32
Sender: [email-masked]
X-Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Message-id: <[email-masked]>
MIME-version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.1 (32)
Content-type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Precedence: bulk

Hi,

Does mingw32 have getopt in its libraries? I am having trouble compiling
code using getopt with mingw32.
 Also, could not find getopt function call man page in the online tech
reference, any reason that its not there?

Thanks in advance.

- Narayan
| Narayan     _/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [email-masked] ~~~~~~~~~~~~/
|Natarajan  _/                                   .       .____ _       _/
|         _/ "I am not a vegetarian        *   .     x  -(____/ |  _  /
|       _/ because I love animals;              ________/____/  \ ( )-----
|     _/ I am a vegetarian because I          ,/                _ ( -------
|   _/  hate plants."                        <________\       //  (_)-----
| _/                                       --<==  *    |_____/  _
|/  http://www.netcom.com/~venkman1                   -(_____) (_)-----
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".