Subject: TAB file completion
From: [email-masked] (Mathew J. Rippa)

11 Jan 1998 19:34:35 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi all,
    I've just got beta 18 installed along with emacs on WINDOWS 95 and
everthing seems to work OK. I read the FAQ about TAB file completion
and  I wonder if it was for WINDOWS NT only.          it said...

How do I get tab file completion with cmd.exe?
To get tab file completion in cmd.exe, use regedt32 to set the following
registry entry to 0x9 (using the
Edit->DWORD menu command):

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command
Processor\CompletionChar

First of all, cmd.exe is command.com and regedt32 is regedit...  I'm
assuming the dos-prompt what is meant by cmd.exe .
Furthermore, the above registry entry does not exist. Am I supposed to
add this entry or is all this only for use with WINDOWS NT as I had a
hunch?

Thanks ...
~Moonowl

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".