Subject: NT kernel keymap hack
From: [email-masked] (Steven R. Newcomb)

10 Jan 1998 22:15:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Does anybody know of an NT kernel hack that switches the caps-lock key
with the control key (that lies under the shift key on most machines
these days)?  I just can't adjust to the idea that the control key
should be so inaccessible.  I'm an Emacs/bash bigot, and I like using
the control key a lot.

I've done this remapping in Linux, and I evidently *can* do it in
Win-95 thanks to a free downloadable kernel patch from Microsoft.  But
I haven't found one for NT yet, and I'd sure like to.  I write
to this list because it is read by people who expect rational
levels of functionality under NT.

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, President, TechnoTeacher, Inc.
[email-masked]  http://www.techno.com  ftp.techno.com

voice: +1 972 231 4098 (at ISOGEN: +1 214 953 0004 x137)
fax    +1 972 994 0087 (at ISOGEN: +1 214 953 3152)

3615 Tanner Lane
Richardson, Texas 75082-2618 USA
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".