Subject: Re: make and Watcom's wrc
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

9 Jan 1998 19:39:25 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Merten,

I'm not claiming to know anything about this, just giving you something 
else to try.  Try the command without the quotes.  I say this because of 
experiences I've had with MSDOS eating quotes that should have remained.  
Therefore, I believe that wrc is actually seeing the definition without 
the quotes.  Just guessing but it's worth a try.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                         (Chuck Bogorad)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub                         (US Mirror and Ports)

>Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:16:54 +0100 (MET)
>From: mesc <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: make and Watcom's wrc
>
>Hello,
>
>I've got a problem in driving Watcom's resource compiler (wrc)
>by gnuwin32 make. I have to call the rc with this command line
>   wrc -bt=nt -r -DFOO="88.55" -FO=xxx.res xxx.rc
>The wrc responds with 'syntax error near "88.66"'. When I use the
>same command in a normal DOS box everything goes fine. The problem
>seems to be, that the wrc doesn't get the quotes ("). I tried some
>constructs, like "\"88.66\"", with no success. I even tried to
>invoke a .bat file with the command from the makefile. It doesn't
>work too! When I call the .bat file in a normal DOS box it works.
>
>I could use a workaround and let sed edit the xxx.res on the
>fly and then call the wrc without the -DFOO="88.55" but maybe
>there is a better solution.
>
>Could please anyone give me a hint how to solve this problem?
>Thank you!
>   Merten
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".