Subject: running gnu-win32 tools under another Unix-ported shell?
From: [email-masked] (Scott Blachowicz)

8 Jan 1998 14:44:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Hi-

I'm sometimes using a port of zsh (not the one built with the cygwin
toolkit) and when I run the cygwin 'find' command, for instance, it acts
as if the 'find' command (in its crt0 or whatever?) is expanding globs
that it gets.  I don't want that to happen because my shell is already
doing that.  So, if I do this:

    find . -name '*.cpp' -perm +222 -ls

to find writeable .cpp files, I get this error:

    /usr/bin/find.EXE: paths must precede expression
    Usage: /usr/bin/find.EXE [path...] [expression]

How do the cygwin commands detect their parent & avoid the globbing stuff
when necessary if using the normal cygwin bash, for instance?  Any
suggestions?
-- 
Scott Blachowicz                <[email-masked]>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".