Subject: text=binary mounts
From: [email-masked] (Derek Karnes)

8 Jan 1998 13:12:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I've seen a lot posts like "Set all mounts to binary (also known as
text=binary). You will need to use regedit.exe (or regedt32.exe) to hack
the registry in order to re-mount your root."

I'm pretty registry paranoid, so can someone tell me exactly what in the
registry I'm changing?

I have mount keys in both of the following places:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2045777293-772699912-475923621-1000\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\

They contain "fbinary" , "fmixed" and "fsilent" entries, do I just
remove the "fmixed" line from both keys?

Thanks,
Derek
--
--------------------------------
--      Derek L. Karnes       --
--    [email-masked]     --
-- http://www.erols.com/terek --
--------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".