Subject: Re: performance of cygwin32
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

8 Jan 1998 02:11:13 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked] (Ed Peschko)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Ed Peschko wrote:
> 
> Win32 is slow, but network drives are *glacial*, at least with cygwin32
> tools. I've installed the coolview update (when will it be incorporated
> into the 'vanilla' cygwin32 tools anyways?) and it is going a bit faster.

The "coolview" sources represent a state of the actual Cygnus development
tree as of whenever that was made.  It's made more progress since then;
right now I'm battling race conditions in the signal code...

Right now I can do a complete configure of the compiler tools (including
tcl/tk) in about 20 minutes and build them in an hour 15 min. which is a 
huge improvement performance-wise.  But signal handling isn't quite as
robust as it needs to be...

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".