Subject: Re: egcs1.0
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

8 Jan 1998 01:10:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: Mike Davies <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Mike, 

Few things you need to tell us about your configuration:
  
  - what cygwin.dll are you using? The stock b18 or Sergey's coolview?
  - ditto for /bin/sh
  - If using Sergey's cygwin.dll, are you using binary mounts?

With config stuff out of the way, some dev toolchain questions:

  - have you applied patch on my ftp site to egcs-1.0 distribution?
  - are you using a new'ish binutils snapshot (971023 or newer)? EGCS WILL
    NOT WORK w/out a new binutils snapshot. If you can't get the source,
    you can use my egcs-1.0 binary distribution to bootstrap a new one 
    from source since it comes with a 971023 binutils.

http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ for info on getting
egcs-1.00 binaries for cygwin32. You'll also find the source patch if you
follow the ftp download pointer.

btw, yes, there are a few people who have successfully built egcs-1.00
from source. There is a problem however that's going to bite to you. To
avoid that, make sure there is a copy of ld.exe in gcc/collect-ld.exe or
after configuring, set USE_COLLECT2 to empty in gcc/Makefile. If this
is not done, then collect2 goes into an infinite loop.

Please report bugs as you find them!

Regards,
Mumit -- [email-masked]
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".