Subject: still Problems installing Perl
From: [email-masked] (Erwin Achermann)

7 Jan 1998 00:01:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Here is a brief summary of what i succeeded so far:

First i had Problems unpacking the whole package. It seems as if Win Zip
just cant cope with "configure" and "Configure". Thanks to Chris
Faylor's mentioning that there are the two files, I could tackle that
down (finally by extracting "Configure" with tar by hand.) [Has anybody
seen similar problems with Win Zip???]

Now happily starting sh ./Configure. It does some locating of helper
Programs finds them even (all in the ..cygwin/bin), displays
instructions, so far so well, but it definitely takes any <enter> from
my side TWICE! Darn, it doesn't let me select the right system. It just
takes the deault 'sysv'. I tried to let that run trough, just to see how
it proceeds, and it still skipped any second question...

What can that be? How can i fix it? 
 
thanks for your patience.

Erwin

-- 
Erwin Achermann                               Tel:      ++41 1 632 74 40
Institut fuer Wissenschaftliches Rechnen      Fax:      ++41 1 632 11 72
ETH Zentrum, IFW C29.2                      email: [email-masked]
CH-8092 Zuerich	          url: http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/acherman/
>  Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, <
>  but when there is no longer anything to take away.                  <
>                                          -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery <
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".