Subject: Re: Windows NOTEPAD replacement that read binary text files.
From: [email-masked] (Julian Stoev)

6 Jan 1998 21:52:56 -0800
Message-ID: <Pine.SOL.3.96.980107140024.16576B-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@jriipl>
References: <3.0.3.32.19980106180259.0074c220@sun62>
Reply-To: Julian Stoev <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Tony Thompson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Tony Thompson wrote:

|At 06:09 06/01/98 PST, Earnie Boyd wrote:
|>For those of you interested, I have found a notepad replacement that 
|>will read the binary mode text files properly.  However, it only writes 
|>\r\n text files.  It also offers other goodies.  This is version 1.1 of 
|>Notepad+ by Rogier Muer.  This is a small zip file 208,263 bytes.  The 
|>zip can be found at ftp://ftp.iimagers.com/pub/npplus.zip
|
|I've used Programmer's File Editor for general text editing for a few years
|now. It displays both Unix and DOS style files, allows editing, and saves
|the file in it's original format. It also allows easy conversion of the
|occasional file; load it, double-click on the format indicator in the
|status bar until it shows the right format, then save.
|
|See http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/ for info.
|
|Tony.

Hi!
As replacement to Notepad there is also UltraEdit http://www.idmcomp.com.
It is shareware.
Even better is pcGRASP (this one is great for working with C, C++, Ada GNU
compilers under Win95). Get it at http://www.eng.auburn.edu/grasp. It is a
kind of freeware. It made my work with Cygnus products much more
productive.

Good luck!

P.S. May be webmasters on www.cygnus.com can make some links to them, so
that more people can use them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julian Stoev <[email-masked]>       - Ph. D. Student
Intelligent Information Processing Lab. - Seoul National University, Korea

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".