Subject: Re: Windows NOTEPAD replacement that read binary text files.
From: [email-masked] (Tony Thompson)

6 Jan 1998 10:52:58 -0800
Message-ID: <3.0.3.32.19980106180259.0074c220.cygnus.gnu-win32@sun62>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

At 06:09 06/01/98 PST, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>For those of you interested, I have found a notepad replacement that 
>will read the binary mode text files properly.  However, it only writes 
>\r\n text files.  It also offers other goodies.  This is version 1.1 of 
>Notepad+ by Rogier Muer.  This is a small zip file 208,263 bytes.  The 
>zip can be found at ftp://ftp.iimagers.com/pub/npplus.zip

I've used Programmer's File Editor for general text editing for a few years
now. It displays both Unix and DOS style files, allows editing, and saves
the file in it's original format. It also allows easy conversion of the
occasional file; load it, double-click on the format indicator in the
status bar until it shows the right format, then save.

See http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/ for info.

Tony.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".