Subject: Re: Windows NOTEPAD replacement that read binary text files.
From: [email-masked] (Guy Gascoigne - Piggford)

6 Jan 1998 10:35:02 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: "Earnie Boyd" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

At 06:09 AM 1/6/98 PST, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>For those of you interested, I have found a notepad replacement that 
>will read the binary mode text files properly.  However, it only writes 
>\r\n text files.  It also offers other goodies.  This is version 1.1 of 
>Notepad+ by Rogier Muer.  This is a small zip file 208,263 bytes.  The 
>zip can be found at ftp://ftp.iimagers.com/pub/npplus.zip

I have to say that I've used PFE for this purpose for years and never had
any problems with it.  It's very functional, fast and a very good notepad
replacement that knows about DOS and UNIX files and happily converts
between the two.  You can get it from the PFE Home Page at
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/

Guy

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".