Subject: Re: gdb and egcs
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

6 Jan 1998 05:56:05 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>[email-masked] (Christopher Faylor) writes:
>> 
>> I don't believe that this is an EGCS problem.  I've seen the same thing
>> happen with binaries compiled with "stock" B18.
>
>You're right, it isn't. I dread running gdb because it hangs up my W95
>box everytime I forget to quite and restart.
>
>has anybody figured out the __image_base problem yet? This happens when
>you try to step over a DLL exported routine (and possibly other times too,
>but that's the one I usually notice), and you have to do a "finish"
>followed by a "next" unless you want gdb to go to la-la land.

I haven't noticed that particular problem.  I do often find myself chanting
and turning around widdershins three times while running cygwin gdb, however,
so possibly I've been unconsciously avoiding this.

cgf
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".