Subject: Re: default shell for perl(activeware)/emacs
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

6 Jan 1998 05:11:34 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Liz,

The problem is that the version of perl your using only expects to find 
the dos cmd shell.  You either have to find someone elses port to 
gnu-win32 or you have to get the sources and build it with gnu-win32 
yourself.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                         (Chuck Bogorad)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub                       (Den Internet Services)

>Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 13:21:59 -0800
>From: "B. Elizabeth Trojan" <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: default shell for perl(activeware)/emacs
>
>I've noticed that the default shell for perl and emacs is not
>sh/bash. In perl executing a command using the backtick command
>results in the command being interpreted by a windows cmd shell.
>Likewise if you attempt to start a shell in emacs. How have other
>people dealt with this issue?
>-- 
>Liz Trojan
>Synopsys                               (503)531-2297 Office
>Beaverton                              (503)690-6906 FAX
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".