Subject: Re: ntxlib alpha 2
From: [email-masked]

5 Jan 1998 19:42:31 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Arlindo da Silva ([email-masked])
>   Mon, 5 Jan 1998 10:57:17 -0500 (EST)
>This is fantastic! It works like a charm. I have a couple of questions:
>
>  1. How would would you implement XCheckMaskEvent()? I was looking at
>     XNextEvent(), but since I am pretty ignorant about win32 events
>     I din't get very far.
>
>  2. When I fill rectangle I get these pathetic (color) patterns instead
>     of nice solid colors (as I get with the real thing). Do you know of
>     any way around this?
>
Part of the problem with ntxlib the way it stands at present is that it
doesn't have a database of named X-colors, the kind you get from a proper
initialization file.  A `true' X-windows system boots up from its base
system, building its own palette of named colors and its list of X-fonts
in the process.  If you take the approach of linking individual X-apps
to a Windowized X-library, then it makes some sense to insert code that
initializes a palette of named colors and makes some pretense of setting
up X-alisases for Windows fonts.

At the moment, ntxlib has a grayscale color database with no names.  Call
it work to be done.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".