Subject: Re: gdb and egcs
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

5 Jan 1998 19:40:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
John F. Kolen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I have a problem using gdb on egcs generated code.  Gdb works fine on the
>first pass through the program.  On the second pass it hangs right after
>the "running ..." message, if there are arguments.  Running with no arguments
>does not display this message, but it still hangs.  And it hangs pretty good--
>doesn't respond to ^C or kill (Win32) or abort task (Windows95).
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

I don't believe that this is an EGCS problem.  I've seen the same thing
happen with binaries compiled with "stock" B18.

I've noticed that if I let the program I'm running run to completion or if
I kill it from another window without letting gdb kill it, that things seem
to run better, i.e., no hangs.  Maybe it's just superstitious behavior on
my part, though.
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".