Subject: can't build cdk-src on NT
From: [email-masked] (Michael Carr)

2 Jan 1998 10:16:14 -0800
Message-ID: <115B4C1FC83AD11198CF0060088F952F04D858.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTSERVER1>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

All:

Please help a CDK-src newbie build the tools...

I've been using the CDK binaries for quite a while now, on an NT box.  I
just downloaded the source, and followed the simple two-line
instructions for building it:

(from a bash shell in the distribution root)
../configure
make

I only got configure errors saying this configuration isn't valid in
gprof, dejagnus, and a couple of other unimportant [for my needs]
directories.

The first errors I get are in src/tcl/win and src/tk/win, where it
appears that configure didn't replace
the symbol @DLLTOOL@ with the proper executable, dlltool.  After hand
editing the Makefiles to get past this (I know, I know, better would be
to fix the problem in configure.in), I get problems building gdbtk:

gcc -O2 -c -O2    -I. -I. -I./config -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I./../include/opcode -I./../readline -I../bfd
  -I./../bfd -I./../mmalloc -DMMCHECK_FORCE=1 -I./../include
-I/cdk/tcl/generic -I/cdk/tk/generic
  ./gdbtk.c -DGDBTK_LIBRARY=\"/usr/local/share/gdbtcl\"
In file included from ./gdbtk.c:31:
/cdk/tk/generic/tk.h:72: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 33
make: *** [gdbtk.o] Error 1
make: *** [all-gdb] Error 2

I've tried both './configure --without-x' and './configure
--without-gdbtk' to no avail.

Am I missing something???

Thanks

Michael Carr
Redstone Communications
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".