Subject: HELP: resource compiling!
From: [email-masked] (B3taman)

2 Jan 1998 09:55:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I'm developing under NT workstation 4 using b18

I've tried the following approaches to compiling resources into my app (from a
..rc file). The app will currently compile and run without resources (it will
just throw up a window)

1) RCL -> 'not a valid windows NT application'  error
2) WEDITRES.EXE -> doesn't seem to support .rc files. Fairly limited
functionality         from what i can see 
3) RC.exe (microsoft) Compiles -> RES2COFF.exe produces .o file. If this .o
file is linked in with the main program, running the final exe produces 'not a
valid windows NT application' error

Can anybody suggest an alternative - or something i might be able to do to get
this to run?

Thanks

Mike Guest
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".