Subject: Re: what am i doing wrong?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

2 Jan 1998 09:47:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Brandon,

Try:
gcc -o hello.exe hello.c

or
gcc -c hello.c
gcc -o hello.exe hello.o

The Cygnus gnu-win32 version of GCC is to aid in porting UNIX programs 
to WIN32.  You should have a working knowledge of UNIX.  There are some 
who have taken this work and gotten rid of the UNIX layer (see Colin 
Peters' page and Mumit Khan's page).  

The ln command is a "link" command but it is relation to creating 
pointers to files on disk with a different name.  IE: ln hello.c 
goodbye.c would create a pointer file named goodbye.c pointing to 
hello.c.  If you edit goodbye.c you would really be editing hello.c.  
There are two types of links a "hard link" and a "symbolic link".  The 
hard link is not supported on W95,  to use symbolic links you would use 
"ln -s realfile pointerfile".

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Let me point you to:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)

>From: BMullenber <[email-masked]>
>Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 04:52:17 EST
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: what am i doing wrong?
>
>I have really no idea how to link a object file into a exec program or 
even
>how to run g++. I tried a simple hello program and had no success.  
Anyone
>know how to link a program and want to help me, i made an obj file 
using
>another compiler?
>
>what exec program is the linker, is it ln.exe?
>
>C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin>ln C:\compiler\work\hello.obj
>/GNUWIN32/B18/H-I386~1/BIN/LN.EXE: cannot create hard link 
`./C:\compiler
>ello.obj' to `C:\compiler\work\hello.obj': No such file or directory
>
>Also, I set the Variables and Path too, is this correct?  I have win95.
>
>cd\gnuwin32\b18\
>set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
>PATH=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin
>set TCL_LIBRARY=C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\lib\tcl7.6
>set GDBTK_LIBRARY=C:\gnuwin32\b18\share\gdbtcl
>
>Brandon
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".