Subject: what am i doing wrong?
From: [email-masked] (BMullenber)

2 Jan 1998 02:13:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I have really no idea how to link a object file into a exec program or even
how to run g++. I tried a simple hello program and had no success.  Anyone
know how to link a program and want to help me, i made an obj file using
another compiler?

what exec program is the linker, is it ln.exe?

C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin>ln C:\compiler\work\hello.obj
/GNUWIN32/B18/H-I386~1/BIN/LN.EXE: cannot create hard link `./C:\compiler
ello.obj' to `C:\compiler\work\hello.obj': No such file or directory

Also, I set the Variables and Path too, is this correct?  I have win95.

cd\gnuwin32\b18\
set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
PATH=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin
set TCL_LIBRARY=C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\lib\tcl7.6
set GDBTK_LIBRARY=C:\gnuwin32\b18\share\gdbtcl

Brandon
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".