Subject: signals from non-cygwin processes?
From: [email-masked] (Tim Newsham)

30 Dec 1997 18:28:11 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

   I would like to be able to send a cygwin process a signal
from a non-cygwin process.  When one cygwin process wants to
signal another it does it with a message as:

    SendMessage(hwnd, WM_USER, SIGNAL, signo);

where hwnd is the hidden window (?) of the target process and
SIGNAL is the constant 1 and signo is the signal number to
send.  So it seems that it should be possible for non-cygwin
processes to signal a cygwin process if it can find out
the value of hwnd.  So my question is:  Is there a way one
process can find out the value of the hwnd belonging to
a cygwin process?  What if the first process was the entity
that spawned the cygwin process?

                                    Tim N.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".