Subject: Re: Who's got source to windres?
From: [email-masked]

30 Dec 1997 11:24:41 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

In gnu-win32 [email-masked] (Mumit Khan) writes:

>Yes, it is. I can't share the binutils snapshot sources, but I'm quite
>sure that the binutils maintainer(s) will give it out to folks who are
>willing to deal with snapshots (eg., be prepared to deal with bugs in
>snapshots, test/debug and possibly solve the bugs, etc). Ian Taylor 
><[email-masked]>, who I believe subscribes to this list, is the person 
>you want to talk to.

I do read this list, but I use a news reader and I skip most messages.

I'm willing to tell people how to find the binutils snapshots, but for
serious inquiries only.  If you don't already know how to build GNU
releases from source, or you don't want to deal with bugs, then please
don't ask.  I'm too swamped to help people figure these things out.

I would much rather have people like Mumit build and distribute
binaries, and filter bug reports before they get to me.  It's very
helpful.

Of course, I also need to get an official GNU binutils release out.

Ian
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".