Subject: Re: Who's got source to windres?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

29 Dec 1997 22:08:46 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: "Bartlee A. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

"Bartlee A. Anderson" <[email-masked]> writes:
> Where is the source for windres? ... hidden in a snapshot?

Yes, it is. I can't share the binutils snapshot sources, but I'm quite
sure that the binutils maintainer(s) will give it out to folks who are
willing to deal with snapshots (eg., be prepared to deal with bugs in
snapshots, test/debug and possibly solve the bugs, etc). Ian Taylor 
<[email-masked]>, who I believe subscribes to this list, is the person 
you want to talk to.

> 
> And Mumit where's the source for your egcs? ... build instructions?

Check the egcs home page at http://www.cygnus.com/egcs/. If you want to
build egcs-1.00 release, then all you need is the patch on my ftp site

   ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin32\
       /releases/patches/

to build from source. EGCS 971225 and will build w/out any patches.

I have never built this thing natively (ie., on a machine running
95/NT), but Sergey has done it, so it does work. However, to build this
beast, you do need a binutils snapshot (971023 or newer), otherwise
you're out of luck. Until you get binutils snapshot sources, you can
use my binary release to build newer releases of egcs, which is what I
recommend.

build instructions? You're joking, right ;-) It's actually quite simple,
if you read the install docs that comes with egcs and also the FAQ at
the egcs web site. No different than building egcs/gcc on other
platforms.

> You don't have to answer till after you've fixed the recompilation of
> coolview with egcs. ;)
> 

I believe Mikey's response answered it already. Did putting the ASM hack
back (I believed it's ifdef'd out with OLDWAY in libccrt0.cc and dcrt0.cc)
solve your problem? Of course, you can always get an Unix box and just
cross-build everything instead of diddling with 95/NT ;-)

Regards,
Mumit -- [email-masked]
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".