Subject: login/passwd file
From: [email-masked] (Derek Young)

29 Dec 1997 14:54:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I have not been able to get login from Sergey's page working.  I
downloaded crypt.exe from his page as well, and created an /etc/passwd
file.  Whenever I login I get "Login incorrect".

At first I thought this was a problem with telnet, but even just
straight login fails (thus causing the problem with telnet).

I've tried setting up a passwd file with a null password like this:

dyoung::1000:0:Derek
Young:/derek:/usr/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/bash.exe

I've also tried setting one up with a valid password:

dyoung:$1$11$r8tCuNX00ZGmGVaCftwTe1:1000:0:Derek
Young:/derek:/usr/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/bash.exe

both passwords have the same effect.  The shell executable is was
changed from /bin/sh.exe, but this doesn't seem to matter.

I'm trying to run CVS which uses the same password authentication, and
this doesn't authenticate either.  Am I doing something wrong?  Do I
need to do more set up?

-- derek

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".