Subject: Re: compiling coolview on W95.
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

29 Dec 1997 08:33:29 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

"Earnie Boyd" <[email-masked]> writes:
> Check out Mumit Khan's page for a newer version of dllfix.  The problem 
> with W95 is that the file cluster is not clean.  Garbage exists beyond 
> the end of file.  This causes problems with binary mode opens because 
> you end up with a physical end of file and not a logical end of file.  
> This means that the garbage remaining in the file cluster is being read 
> as part of the DLL.  This problem doesn't exist on NT.  Check out 
> Sergey's page for more info.

Actually, the version of dllfix.exe on my web page is not a newer version, 
it's something I picked up from the mailing list. I'll update the verbiage
to make sure there is no confusion.

Has anybody built DLLs on W95 using egcs and encountered the same problem?
I've built a few test ones and it seems to work, but my test cases were
trivial at best and it might not show the problem.

I'll try building coolview on W95 using egcs and let the mailing list
know if I have similar problems or not.

Regards,
Mumit -- [email-masked]

Gnu-Win32 EGCS: http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
                ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".