Subject: Re: how to get source of resource compiler and ld that supports .res
From: [email-masked]

29 Dec 1997 02:43:17 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Colin Peters ([email-masked])
>   Mon, 29 Dec 1997 16:22:30 +0900
>[[email-masked]]
>>
>>In theory, you convert .res files to .o files and link them to the
>>executable.  In practise, these executables don't register under Windows.
>>What I mean is that an icon .res file doesn't show up as an icon when
>>the Windows file explorer displays the name of the executable.
>
>
>I don't find I have that problem, at least under Windows 95. I am using
>the latest version of windres and EGCS 1.0 from Mumit Khan, but I think it
>worked with rcl and res2coff as well. Is this an NT-only problem, or
>perhaps a problem with the tool set you are using to add the resources?
>
I'd be more willing to believe you if you gave an example.  As it is, I
am using b18 with the newest versions of ld.exe, windres.exe and dlltool.

And, unless the usual process of compiling and linking using gcc is wrong,
you are lying.  Comrade.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".