Subject: undefined reference: gethostbyaddr, etc...
From: [email-masked] (Tim Arheit)

28 Dec 1997 20:38:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I'm using b18 and am attempting to port a program.  Compiling
the parts of the program seems to work fine (I even had to grab
and compile bison and it work just great), however when it gets
to linking the program it reports several undefined references.
Specifically gethostbyaddr, gethostbyname, srand48, drand48,
tzset, major, minor and ualarm.

I couldn't find these in any library (are they simply not
implemented yet?)  A search did show all the mentioned function
listed in a file named SYSCALLS.c.X.

Any ideas?

Please forgive my ignorance if this is simple... it's the
first time I've used this variant of GCC ;)

-Tim

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".