Subject: Re: how to get source of resource compiler and ld that supports .res f
From: [email-masked]

27 Dec 1997 09:01:51 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked] ([email-masked]),
        "19.Dec.1997.11":16:[email-masked]

>> I could build gnu-win32 cross on FreeBSD2.2.2.
(gcc, as, ld etc)
But I cannot link my objects with .res file(resource object file).
How to get source of resource compiler and ld that supports .res file?
It causes error.

I'd like to build cross development environment on FreeBSD and get
exe(executalbe file) on FreeBSD without using Windows. <<

In theory, you convert .res files to .o files and link them to the
executable.  In practise, these executables don't register under Windows.
What I mean is that an icon .res file doesn't show up as an icon when
the Windows file explorer displays the name of the executable.

While you're at it, you might consider using libwine.so under FreeBSD
to generate FreeBSD Windows executables with resources compiled in.
The makefiles should be almost identical to `real' Windows makefiles
in your cross-compiling environment.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".