Subject: Re: anyone tried to build UUCP (Taylor) and smail ?
From: [email-masked] (Chuck Bogorad)

24 Dec 1997 13:20:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "gnu-win32" <[email-masked]>

Mike Bernson  ([email-masked]) wrote:

>I have a version of uucp-1.06 that works under win'95

i tried building "UUCP 1.06.1". it worked out of the box - after ./configure
i just added `#define HAVE_SOCKET 1"` to config.h and did "mount -b
/dev/serial2 \\\\.\\com2" in bash. my mount table (relevant part -
everything else is mounted as binary) looks now like this:

[chuck@HYSTERIA]mount|sort|grep serial
\\.\com1         /dev/serial1        native      no-mixed,text=binary
\\.\com2         /dev/serial2        native      no-mixed,text=binary
\\.\com3         /dev/serial3        native      no-mixed,text=binary
\\.\com4         /dev/serial4        native      no-mixed,text=binary

the only slight problem i'm having with it, is that the first packet is
always rejected. the session, however, goes on. it looks like this
(/usr/spool/uucp/Log):

Protocol 'g' packets: sent 2, resent 1, received 1
Errors: header 0, checksum 0, order 0, remote rejects 1

also (/usr/spool/uucp/Debug):

Handshake successful (protocol 'g' sending packet/window 1024/7 receiving
1024/7)
DEBUG: floop: No work for master
DEBUG: fgsendcmd: Sending command "H"
DEBUG: fgsenddata: Sending packet 1 (32 bytes)
DEBUG: fconn_io: Wrote 38 of 38, read 6 of 16307
DEBUG: floop: Waiting for data
DEBUG: fgprocess_data: Got control RJ 0
DEBUG: fgprocess_data: Remote reject: next 2 resending 1

did you get similar results? did you look into the problem of rejects?

i'm also very interested in what do you plan to use as local mail delivery
agent. i tried sendmail, but it didn't compile. i tried smail - it compiled
ok, but refuses to work (could be configuration issue) - it just crashes.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".