Subject: bash & french keyboard in b18 under W95/NT4
From: [email-masked] (Fabrice ANNIC)

24 Dec 1997 08:52:03 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I got the cygnus NT port of the GNU unix tools and I am very happy with
them. However there is one very annoying problem:
I am using a french keyboard where I have to enter some special
characters with the [Alt Gr] key (|, [, ], {, }, @). But in the bash
prompt this does not work. That means that I can't even pipe two
commands together, which makes the shell nearly useless.

Do you know any fix/workaround for this?

Thanx a lot
Fabrice
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".