Subject: Re: Legal aspects of using the GNU-Win32 tools?
From: [email-masked] (jman)

23 Dec 1997 13:51:48 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>
>Did you get a chance to have your lawyer look over the Cygwin
>GNU-Win32 copyrights? Can commercial software be dynamically linked
>against cygwin.dll if the software is shipped without the library?

As of now all the Gnu-Win32 included in the sdk, cdk are under the 
GNU License. The way she reads it is that you can include it. She's 
going to do something even better then that tho. I thougth I sent 
this mail but I must not have. I can't find the original she sent me 
but that is the jist of it. 

If you have a specific question or questions about the use of it or 
the use of the gnuwin32 tools or Gnu License you can contact her 
[email-masked] and she will get back with you asap. Relise she is a 
practicing lawyer an may not get back with you super fast but she is 
offering this to the GNU-Win32 community.

Hope this helps those with legal questions.. that emailed me...

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".