Subject: strncat
From: [email-masked] (Kees van Veen)

23 Dec 1997 01:56:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Gnu win32 <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I have an application using strncat() which relies on NULL termination.
I've looked in the coolview sources at strncat() and saw it is
implemented with strncpy().

I'm not sure about this, but shouldn't strncpy() only return a NULL
terminated string when its argument is NULL terminated before reaching
the length, whereas strncat() always returns a NULL terminated string,
regardless of the input string ?

Kees
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".