Subject: Why would clear.exe persist after exiting?
From: [email-masked]

20 Dec 1997 11:51:08 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

I wrote and compiled the following program as a ming32 CRTDLL.DLL program
using the slangw32 version of libslang.

When I tested it under the Dos prompt, it worked perfectly.  When I ran
it under bash$, the mouse pointer retained the hourglass after clear.exe
ran, and, pushing CTRL-ALT-DEL (the three-finger salute) showed that
clear and rnaapp were still present, even though running ps.exe did not
show that.

Command line for compiling:

bash$ gcc -O -o clear clear.c -lslang

(libtermcap not needed here)

Program code:
=========================================================================
void SLtt_cls (void);
int SLang_init_tty (int, int, int);

int main (int argc, char **argv)
{
 SLang_init_tty (0, 0, 0);
 SLtt_cls();
 return 0;
}
==========================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".