Subject: libX11 fix [Re: Egcs-1.0]
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

18 Dec 1997 16:15:34 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: MULTIPART/MIXED; BOUNDARY="1753259445-458442905-882474687=:18032"
To: Dr David Coe <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

  This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
  while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
  Send mail to [email-masked] for more info.

--1753259445-458442905-882474687=:18032
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

[I'm cc'ing this to gnu-win32 list as well. The problem is that
applications linked against the X11 dlls fail when using egcs-1.00
release.]

Hi David,

The reason that executables linked against libX11.a from Silvio's package
fail is because libX11.a built with an older version of dlltool that had a
subtle bug which shows up in the newer ld that comes with egcs. 
Fortunately there is a trivial fix all the export libraries (eg.,
libX11.a) if you have the corresponding export list (eg., libX11.def). I
don't have the export list for libX11.dll, but I just used impdef from
BC5.x to make one (attached). Here's the command I used to regenerate
libX11.a that fixes the problem:
  
  % dlltool --def libX11.def --output-lib libX11.a --dllname libX11.dll 

Now all you have to do is relink your application and things should be
back to normal.

Mumit

--1753259445-458442905-882474687=:18032
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII; NAME="libX11.def"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Description: Export list for X11DLL

--1753259445-458442905-882474687=:18032--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".