Subject: Compiling "V" 1.16 - Specific Instructions?
From: [email-masked] (Rick Miller)

18 Dec 1997 13:50:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi all!

After taking the bait in the gnu-win32 FAQ, "What is V?" I went out and got
the sources and tried to take the given advice for compiling...   Problem
is, there are at least FOUR sets of such advice that I know of and at least
two of them didn't work.

Would someone be kind enough to give specific instructions for building
V-1.16 under gnuwin32-b18?

Some questions that I didn't see addressed at all (they may not be
important):

  o When building V, does it matter whether I've mounted my file system
mixed?

  o Which source code should I use?  "v-1.16.tar.gz" contains all the
nicely-cased UNIXy filenames but "vwin116.zip" has them mostly in upper
case.  GNU-make is being picky about case, so the Makefile has to match it
as far as I know.

  o Are these instructions already posted somewhere?  WORKING ones?

The default Config.mk tells me to use ARCH=intel, there's one in
ftp://ftp.cs.unm.edu/pub/wampler/config/gnuwin32.make that tells me to use
ARCH=gnu-win32... then there's other stuff in the "v/contrib/gnuwin32.tar"
file in the source code...

I'm so confused!  Does anyone have instructions I can use?  I'd hate to have
to try all the combinations of the different ones I've already found, it
would take months.

Rick Miller
http://www.execpc.com/~rdmiller/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".