Subject: Re: Mixed mounting doesn't seem to work
From: [email-masked] (Roland Geier)

15 Dec 1997 18:34:37 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (Russell K Montgomery)
Cc: [email-masked]

Are your sources placed on a samba-share? If so, check 'man smb.conf'
for preservation of filename-case on general filenames (option 'preserve
case') and dos-style '8.3'-ones (option 'preserve short case' or something
like that :).

If your mounted drive is a native NT/Win95 one, just forget about the
samba-stuff. I can somehow remember a posting of Geoffrey Noer
mentioning that the mixed-support is broken in b18. Perhaps check the
mail-archives on that topic or correct me if I'm wrong here!

hth,

--- Roland.
---
Roland Geier / University of Passau, GER / [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".