Subject: DLL's in console applications
From: [email-masked] (Kees van Veen)

15 Dec 1997 08:57:49 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Gnu win32 <[email-masked]>

Hi,

This may be a little off topic, but...

I've managed to get my console applications running with b18 and
Sergey's patches. I've
been able to build a couple of DLL's, linked to them, runs ok (slow in
comparison to Linux, but it runs).

But now it looks like every time an instance of the application starts,
all the DLL's are loaded again as well. The DLL's together amount to
about 10Mb, and this will increase in the future. My aim was to get them
to work as a sort of shared libraries.

Now I heard my collegue mumble something about console applications
running in a sort of protected environment, that's why all the DLLs are
loaded again.

I know little about NT.

Does any of you have experience with console applications using large
DLLs?

Would it help to link the DLLs as 'windows application'.

Does any of you know where I could find more on this topic.

Any help or comments will be greatly appreciated,

Kees
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".