Subject: Re: Definition of VPATH
From: [email-masked]

15 Dec 1997 05:56:34 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Henri,

I too am very new to cygnu but like you I am trying to build 
Unix source on NT so I recognise the VPATH problems you have. 
The difference is that we use Imake - we have one file that defines 
all the paths, that file sets up a "root" variable which is platform 
dependent, all paths then include this root variable so the paths 
get changes depending on the platform. Could you do something similar 
with gmake?

More info on imake from http://www.primate.wisc.edu/software/imake-stuff 
or the O-Reilly book "Software Portability with imake".

If you wish to reply, please do so directly - I just unsubscribed from 
the list to avoid a huge mailbox on return from the Christmas break.

Regards,
Neil J Mackie.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".