Subject: Re: problem with EGCS on gun-win32 b18!! HELP
From: [email-masked]

14 Dec 1997 22:33:59 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked] ([email-masked]),
        "12.Dec.1997.19":30:[email-masked]

root  writes:
> Hi!
>       When I compile a C++ code with egcs (over gnuwin32 b18) on win95, I get
> no errors. (the
> code works fine on my linux box). But when I run the executable, I get
> an error
> message telling me that I miss the "abort.dll" file. What the hell could
> this be due to?
Dumping egcs right over gnu-win32 b18 is probably idea, given that others
seem to be having trouble as well. One thing to watch out for is that you
CANNOT use import libraries (eg., kernel32.a or libcygwin32.a) that were
created with b18 tools. You must use the egcs supplied ones.

That's interesting.  The first version of ming were compatible with kernel32.
I wonder why it is necessary to have two separate setups, one cygwin and one
mingw32, when the cygwin ./configure and make capabilities are so much better
at this time.  It seems to make more sense to have ming as an auxiliary system,
and use the cygwin tools to run ming.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".