Subject: Mixed mounting doesn't seem to work
From: [email-masked] (Russell K Montgomery)

14 Dec 1997 21:51:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------259218903FB6CB3BB4F0DDCA"
To: Gnu-Win-32 <[email-masked]>

--------------259218903FB6CB3BB4F0DDCA
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have installed CDK.EXE (B18) and Coolview on Windows 95B.  I would
prefer to work in "mixed mode" because of several scripts that I have
brought over from a SCO machine that uses the same name but with
differently capitalized filenames.

I have modified all mount points to be both mixed and binary.  mount
outputs the following information:
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
G:\emacs-19.34   /emacs              native      mixed,text=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      mixed,text=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      mixed,text=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      mixed,text=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      mixed,text=binary
G:\GNU-Win-32    /                   native      mixed,text=binary

The basic method I used to validate if it is working is:
bash.exe-2.01$ echo "HELLO" > test
bash.exe-2.01$ echo "Hi" > Test
bash.exe-2.01$ ls -l
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone        3 Dec 14 23:18 test

If someone could provide any input or is successfully using "Mixed"
mounting I would appreciate any feedback you could offer.

----
Russell Montgomery
Austin, TX, USA

--------------259218903FB6CB3BB4F0DDCA
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
I have installed CDK.EXE (B18) and Coolview on Windows 95B.&nbsp; I would
prefer to work in "mixed mode" because of several scripts that I have brought
over from a SCO machine that uses the same name but with differently capitalized
filenames.

<P>I have modified all mount points to be both mixed and binary.&nbsp;
mount outputs the following information:
<BR><TT>Device&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Directory&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Type&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Flags</TT>
<BR><TT>G:\emacs-19.34&nbsp;&nbsp; /emacs&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
native&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; mixed,text=binary</TT>
<BR><TT>\\.\tape1:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /dev/st1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
native&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; mixed,text=binary</TT>
<BR><TT>\\.\tape0:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /dev/st0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
native&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; mixed,text=binary</TT>
<BR><TT>\\.\b:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
/dev/fd1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
native&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; mixed,text=binary</TT>
<BR><TT>\\.\a:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
/dev/fd0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
native&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; mixed,text=binary</TT>
<BR><TT>G:\GNU-Win-32&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
native&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; mixed,text=binary</TT>

<P>The basic method I used to validate if it is working is:
<BR><TT>bash.exe-2.01$ echo "HELLO" > test</TT>
<BR><TT>bash.exe-2.01$ echo "Hi" > Test</TT>
<BR><TT>bash.exe-2.01$ ls -l</TT>
<BR><TT>-rw-r--r--&nbsp;&nbsp; 1 500&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; everyone&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
3 Dec 14 23:18 test</TT>

<P>If someone could provide any input or is successfully using "Mixed"
mounting I would appreciate any feedback you could offer.

<P>----
<BR>Russell Montgomery
<BR>Austin, TX, USA
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------259218903FB6CB3BB4F0DDCA--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".