Subject: Re: WFSO failure running make in emacs
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

13 Dec 1997 17:50:25 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
Steve Kachman  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>When I run make in emacs I get the following error
>
>
>gcc   -g -O1 -I../../include -I. -fcheck-new -ffor-scope -c lu.cc
>(F:\USR\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\MAKE.EXE 1117) sig_send: WFSO error, pid 1117,
>rc 258, signal 0, last signal -1, error 0
>gcc   -g -O1 -I../../include -I. -fcheck-new -ffor-scope -c ginverse1.cc
>gcc   -g -O1 -I../../include -I. -fcheck-new -ffor-scope -c symm_eigen.cc
>gcc   -g -O1 -I../../include -I. -fcheck-new -ffor-scope -c nonsymm_eigen.cc
>gcc   -g -O1 -I../../include -I. -fcheck-new -ffor-scope -c sweep.cc
>
>It happens with a variety of source files and always on the first one. I am
>using Sergey Okhapkin's coolview cygwin32 and GNU Emacs 19.34.6
>(i386-*-nt4.0) of Thu Sep 25 1997 on ESME.
>
>Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, the only suggestion that I have is to wait for B19.

The error you are seeing is from code that I contributed to Cygnus.  It
has an occasional problem with execed processes that are (very hopefully)
fixed in B19.

I'm sorry that I don't have better news, but there have been substantial
changes to the code and back porting things from B19 to B18 would be difficult.
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".