Subject: Generating gnuwin32 compatible headers
From: [email-masked] (Paul Garceau)

12 Dec 1997 21:56:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Hi everyone,

	Recently, myself and two others have been playing with the possibility
of generating headers for gnuwin32 that can, with little or no effort on
the part of the cross-platform developer, generate those headers based on
information found within non-gnuwin32 based header collections,
specifically those defined as C/C++ development components.

	After some discussion, it was agreed that this might be something worth 
pursuing on the mailing list.

	In my mind, two scenarios arose:

	1) Create a tool that automatically patches a set of external 
header files based on a set of external header files which have not been
generated or formatted to accomodate gnu-win32 header format.

	2) Create a tool that is smart enough to generate GNU-Win32 compatible
header files based on a set of external header files that are not 
formatted to accomodate a gnu-win32 header format.

	Can these things be accomplished?  If so, where do we go from here?

	Paul G.

Chronicles of Aurum: Book I
      A Journey Into the Fantastic
http://www.submergedsoftware.com/
ICQ#977283
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".