Subject: Re; One way to get around the cygwin terminal problem
From: [email-masked]

12 Dec 1997 20:58:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked] ([email-masked])

[email-masked] wrote:
>
> In other words, with some work, it is possible to get a professional
> looking and acting terminal application using the cygwin Unix
> environment but bypassing the cygwin terminal window.

It's a bad idea to replace stdout with direct console writings. You
application, for example, will not work in a telnet session or in xterm
window.

I don't see the point of an xterm window if you are running a Unix
environment under Windows 95.  Simply calling up bash.exe ought to
generate the equivalent of an xterm window.  But, running lynx or slrn
or midnight commander in the current version of a cygwin Windows/xterm
window just doesn't work right.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".