Subject: RE: "read" routine!
From: [email-masked]

12 Dec 1997 19:44:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi Hasmik, you wrote:

: My application starts a Tcl shell and if I issue a Ctrl-C from
: the debugger it exits the program. I have debugged this to the point
: that I think the "read" routine is not behaving like the "read" on the unix
: system. The "read" on NT system returns a 0 (zero) and the Tcl application
: treats that as the end-of-file and exits the program. Shouldn't the "read"
: routine return some sort of error (EINTR)??

I guess it would, but first the default signal handler terminates it.
You should ignore SIGINT or install a handler, maybe  which writes "ouch!"
to fd 2 (stderr). After ^c, (my) programs by default die under Unix, too,
and so does tclsh. And I'm pretty shure tclsh retries after EINTR.
If (debugger == gdb), then under Unix, it doesn't pass SIGINT to the
debuggee by default. Check output of "info signals" on cygwin32 and Unix...

Bye, Heribert ([email-masked])
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".