Subject: Bug Report: b18 path involves drive letter
From: [email-masked] (Yibing Wu)

12 Dec 1997 15:43:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I have two disks, named C: and E: respectively under NT.
C:\ is the / directory of gnuwin32 in my case and the problem rose when
I tried to access E: drive.

For example, E:\ has a "WorkArea" directory, going there by "cd
//E/WorkArea" was successful.  However, it was impossible to go one
level up from there. Neither "cd .." or "cd //E/" worked.  Sometimes,
the directory path did not change at all (reading from `pwd`),
sometimes, the `pwd` reading was correct, but you knew you were not in
the right place since the contents (reading from `ls`) were still the
same as before. The only way around was to go back to / (C:\) then "cd
//E/" or "cd -".

Bing

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".