Subject: newbie wants vi
From: [email-masked] (Rick Moll)

11 Dec 1997 17:57:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>
Cc: Rick Moll <[email-masked]>

Sorry for the newbie question, but I've just got the gnu-win32 tools
installed and I was disappointed that there wasn't any kind of editor.
I'm totally new to all of this, gnu-win32, my WinNT system, and GNU in
general.

I'm completely lost without a vi; what's the easiest way to get one to
use with the gnu-win32 tools.  I understand that there is a "vim".  Is
this a vi workalike?  If so where's the easiest place to get it, and
will it easily port to the gnu-win32 environment?

Thanks,

    Rick

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".