Subject: egcs 1.00
From: [email-masked] (Buckingham,Mark,SOLON,NUSA)

11 Dec 1997 16:53:53 -0800
Message-ID: <c=US%a=INFONET%p=NESTLE%l=NESTLE/US01/[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Has anyone gotten egcs 1.00 to work with gnuwin32 yet?  I downloaded the
tar file (the one for gnuwin32), and installed it.

I am running on nt 4.0, with the coolview patch.

I try to compile a simple hello, world type program, but after typing

gcc -v hello.c -o hello.exe

The command line never comes back.  I checked into it with ps, and it
shows two copies of ld.exe running.

In addition, here is the output of the -verbose switch from gcc:

Reading specs from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.21\specs
gcc version egcs-2.90.21 971202 (egcs-1.00 release)
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.21\cpp.exe -lang-c -v
-iprefix /
usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.21\ -undef -D__GNUC__=2
-D__GNUC_M
INOR__=90 -Di386 -D_WIN32 -DPOSIX -D__CYGWIN32__ -DWINNT -D_X86_=1
-D__STDC__=1
-D__stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__))
-D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__)) -D
__i386__ -D_WIN32 -D__POSIX__ -D__CYGWIN32__ -D__WINNT__ -D_X86_=1
-D__STDC__=1
-D__stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__))
-D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__)) -D
__i386 -D__POSIX -D__WINNT -Asystem(winnt) -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386)
-Di386 -A
system(unix) -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -D__i386__ -Asystem(unix)
-Acpu(i386) -
Amachine(i386) hello.c C:\TEMP\cc001135.i
GNU CPP version egcs-2.90.21 971202 (egcs-1.00 release) (80386, BSD
syntax)
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.21\include
 /usr/local/i386-cygwin32/include
 /usr/include
End of search list.
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.21\cc1.exe
C:\TEMP\cc001135.i -q
uiet -dumpbase hello.c -version -o C:\TEMP\cc001135.s
GNU C version egcs-2.90.21 971202 (egcs-1.00 release) (i386-cygwin32)
compiled b
y GNU C version egcs-2.90.21 971202 (egcs-1.00 release).
 as -o C:\TEMP\cc0011351.o C:\TEMP\cc001135.s
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.21\ld.exe -o hello.exe
/usr/loca
l/i386-cygwin32/lib\crt0.o
-L/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\egcs-2.90.21 -
L/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib -L/usr/local/i386-cygwin32/lib
C:\TEMP\cc0011351.o -lgcc
 -lcygwin -lkernel32 -lgcc

By the way, /usr/local is a symlink to /usr/H-i386-cygwin32

Thanks!
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".