Subject: Re: c++ vs g++ [Re: Gcc compiler b18 newbie probs]
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

11 Dec 1997 08:04:49 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

"Earnie Boyd" <[email-masked]> writes:
> I didn't realize that the c++ option was available.  I believe however 
> that the c++.exe and g++.exe supplied from cygnus are the same file with 
> different names.  I base this on exec "cmp -c /bin/g++.exe /bin/c++.exe" 
> not returning anything.

On systems that support linking, they're the same file. On Win32, they're
copies. Until recently, the program would include the different libraries
depending on what name it was called with (g++ or c++), much like what
gzip and gunzip do.

with egcs, there is *no* difference between c++ and g++. Those who want to 
use libg++, should now use:
    
    % c++ -o blah.exe blah.o -lg++

Mumit
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".