Subject: Re: One way to get around the cygwin terminal window problem
From: [email-masked]

11 Dec 1997 06:01:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>>  Gnu-win32 mailing list archives: One way to get around the cygwin te (p2 of 2)

In other words, with some work, it is possible to get a professional
looking and acting terminal application using the cygwin Unix
environment but bypassing the cygwin terminal window.
<<

Actually, it looks like the problem is the cygwin fread() function which
apparently converts cursor-movement and control keys to vtxxx escape
sequences Unix-style.  If you use the slang library with the Windows
console option, then you need to write a GetKey() function that translates
from Windows to vtxxx so that programs using libslang.a can find the function
keys and things like pageup and pagedown.
Œ
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".