Subject: One way to get around the cygwin terminal problem
From: [email-masked]

11 Dec 1997 03:27:53 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

One way to get around the limitations of the cygwin terminal
is to initiate a second buffer for applications and use the
Windows console I/O to set the color attributes, read from
the console buffer and move the curser around.  I don't have
a completely working version yet, but an initial reworking of
the libslang.a library to make everything in it work from the
console buffer generated an slrn news reader that is lightning
fast by comparison to the cygwin version and has no text gaps
or problems with overwritten text. 

In other words, with some work, it is possible to get a professional
looking and acting terminal application using the cygwin Unix
environment but bypassing the cygwin terminal window.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".